Sunday, June 26, 2011

Following God's Will: Michele Bachmann for President

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., says that she prayed to God about whether or not to run for political office and that those prayers provided her with a "sense from God" of "assurance about the direction" she was taking.




For background, read
Media Prepare Anti-Christian Campaign for 2012 as well as ABC News Scrutinizes Faith of GOP Candidates

UPDATE 8/27/11: Bachmann's Florida sermon encourages Christians to follow God's will

-- From "Bachmann: Got 'sense' from God to run for office" by Lucy Madison, CBS News 6/26/11

"I am a Christian, as is my husband. I became a Christian when I was 16 years old. I gave my heart to Jesus Christ," Bachmann told CBS' Bob Schieffer. "Since that time, I've been a person of prayer. And so when I pray, I pray believing that God will speak to me and give me an answer to that prayer.

"That's what a calling is," continued the Tea Party favorite. "If I pray, a calling means that I feel like I have a sense from God."

Bachmann says she asked God about running for political office.

Bachmann also reiterated her opposition to same-sex marriage, noting that "I stand for the proposition that marriage is between a man and a woman."

To read the entire article, CLICK HERE.