Monday, October 10, 2011

'I Felt Like Moses,' Says Herman Cain

Now leading in some national polls, presidential candidate Herman Cain says that God called him to run for president, and at first, just like Moses, he resisted.
“I have achieved all of my American dreams and then some because of the greatest nation, the United States of America.”
-- Herman Cain
For background, read Herman Cain: Christian Tea Party Candidate and also read Presidential Candidates Address Christians in D.C. (See Herman Cain's speech at the bottom of this post)



-- From "Cain: Feels like Moses, ready to play 'gotcha'" by Catalina Camia, USA TODAY 10/10/11

GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain compared himself to Moses and said he's ready for "gotcha" questions now that he's risen in national polls on the race.

Cain, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, told the Christian Broadcasting Network that God has been behind him since he decided to run for the White House.

"I felt like Moses when God said I want you to go into Egypt and lead my people out. Moses resisted. I resisted," Cain said in the interview.

Cain has risen in recent weeks as Texas Gov. Rick Perry has faded.

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

From "Herman Cain: 'I Felt Like Moses'" reported by Huffington Post 10/9/11

It's no wonder Cain's feeling like a prophet-- he dominated last month's Florida straw poll and impressed the audience at Friday's Values Voter Summit.

The GOP candidate told Christian Broadcasting Network that he's "ready for the 'gotcha' questions."

"When they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I’m going to say you know, I don’t know. Do you know?" he said.

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

From "Rising Cain candidacy flips old narratives on politics and race" by Niall Stanage, The Hill 10/10/11

Polls in recent weeks have indicated that Cain has conspicuously strong backing among Republicans in the states of the old Confederacy. He has been a Tea Party darling virtually since the movement’s inception. And, as recently as Friday, he was cheered to the rafters by the deeply conservative, and almost uniformly white, attendees of the Values Voter Summit in Washington.

In his speech announcing his candidacy, back in May, he invoked Martin Luther King Jr. Were he to become president, he said, “we will finally be able to say, ‘Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, America is free at last.’”

The line deftly combined a nod to King’s legacy with the suggestion that true freedom for African-Americans would involve shaking off their resilient attachment to the Democratic Party.

Asked for her view on Cain’s rise, the American Enterprise Institute’s Karlyn Bowman, a polling expert, said, “I don’t think it’s especially surprising. He’s a very strong, very likable candidate. Romney seems a little cold. Perry seems a little hot. The fact that Cain is black is really irrelevant.”

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

From "Exclusive: Herman Cain Feeling 'Like Moses' and Ready for Media 'Gotcha' Questions" by David Brody, CBN News Chief Political Correspondent 10/8/11

[The excerpt below is] part of a fascinating interview with “The Hermanator” that I did Friday afternoon at the Values Voter Summit in Washington DC.

David Brody: “Where does God fit into this because you were a long shot and now jetting to the top of the polls? How do you see God’s role in all of this?

Herman Cain: “God’s been in this from the beginning because when I first started to feel that I needed to consider running I did a lot of praying. I felt like Moses when God said I want you to go into Egypt and lead my people out. Moses resisted. I resisted. Moses said you got the wrong person. You can’t be talking about me. I had these conversations with God in terms of, ‘Lord I’ve done a lot of things but are you sure’ but you shouldn’t question God. You should just make sure that’s the message. God has been in this since the beginning and my staff and I we say that all the time. There are certain things that happen along this journey that they couldn’t happen unless God was in it. I know that for a fact because of my life long faith.”

To read the entire interview above, CLICK HERE.