Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ohio UPDATE: University Fires Christian Specifically for Biblical View of Homosexuality

African-American condemned for stating in local paper being 'gay' not the same as being handicapped or black

For latest update (12/02/08), CLICK HERE.

For follow-up video report of 5/9/08 re: article below, CLICK HERE, and see employee's E-mail at bottom below.

-- From "University suspends staffer over view of homosexuality" posted 5/5/08 at WorldnetDaily.com

The University of Toledo suspended an administrator for stating in a guest column in a local newspaper that choosing homosexual behavior is not the same as being black or handicapped.

Associate Vice President of Human Resources Crystal Dixon wrote in response to a newspaper editor's column criticizing a lack of equality for homosexuals that, "I take great umbrage at the notion that those choosing the homosexual lifestyle are 'civil rights victims.' Here's why. I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a black woman.'"Her piece in the Toledo Free Press quickly got her a suspension from officials at the University of Toledo, who condemned her beliefs, according to a report in the newspaper...

Dixon wrote.


"I respectfully submit a different perspective for Miller and Toledo Free Press readers to consider. … First, human beings, regardless of their choices in life, are of ultimate value to God and should be viewed the same by others. At the same time, one's personal choices lead to outcomes either positive or negative," she said.

"As a black woman who happens to be an alumnus of the University of Toledo's Graduate School, an employee and business owner, I take great umbrage at the notion that those choosing the homosexual lifestyle are 'civil rights victims.' Here's why. I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a black woman. I am genetically and biologically a black woman and very pleased to be so as my Creator intended. Daily, thousands of homosexuals make a life decision to leave the gay lifestyle evidenced by the growing population of PFOX (Parents and Friends of Ex Gays) and Exodus International just to name a few...

To read the entire WND article, CLICK HERE.

To read the latest articles on CNSNews, CLICK HERE, and then HERE.

The below is an E-mail from the fired employee written to people who wrote directly to her as a result of the public articles:

May 10, 2008

Dear Friends:

I want to first thank you for contacting me with your kind words, encouragement and prayers. I want to update you on what has happened. The President of the University of Toledo has terminated my employment following my speaking, as a citizen, of the Biblical view of the issue of homosexuality. He indicated in the media, that my viewpoints "aren't consistent with University stated values."

I will stand on my principles, the laws of our country and my Christian faith.

I and my legal team which includes local/lead counsel Attorney Thomas Sobecki and the Thomas More Law Center will be filing a lawsuit(s) on multiple fronts.

As a single individual, the cost of this fight appears to be mammoth, but I will not be deterred.

May the Lord continue to bless you and thank you again for your support, prayers and kindness shown to me in these challenging days.

Proclaiming His Word and Defending the Faith,
Crystal Dixon