Saturday, February 24, 2007

How Gay Bias Has Changed News Coverage for the Worse (commentary)

From Dump the Gay Beat, by Joseph Farah, WorldNetDaily.com

I don't know about you, but I've had enough of "gay journalism."

No matter where you turn today in the so-called "mainstream" media (you know, the part of the press losing all the readers and viewers), practically all you see is coverage of people with aberrant sexual practices.

I'm sure this is happening because social activists, including many who just want to feel good about their own aberrant sexual practices, have thoroughly dominated America's newsrooms.

As a newsman of more than 30 years, I actually witnessed this takeover of newspapers, wire services and the broadcast outlets. It started slowly, innocently. Before we knew it, the journalism business had gone as fey as Broadway.

I deal with this subject at considerable length in my upcoming book, "Stop the Presses." But I want you to understand that I witnessed this sea change in my business up close and personal.

I also saw how it changed news coverage for the worst.

Today, no story that reflects negatively on homosexuality can or will be published, disseminated or broadcast because of this internal pressure lobby inside the "gay media complex."

Worse yet, as I pointed out earlier this week, stories that have nothing to do with buggery now must be injected with the topic. The Associated Press story on the American Sociological Review paper on adoption is a great illustration of the problem.

Read the rest of this commentary.