-- From "Survey: 72% of Millennials 'more spiritual than religious'" by Cathy Lynn Grossman, USA TODAY 4/27/10
Among the 65% [of 18- to 29-year-olds] who call themselves Christian, "many are either mushy Christians or Christians in name only," [says Thom Rainer, president of LifeWay Christian Resources]. "Most are just indifferent. The more precisely you try to measure their Christianity, the fewer you find committed to the faith."
Key findings in the phone survey, conducted in August and released today:
• 65% rarely or never pray with others, and 38% almost never pray by themselves either.Many are unsure Jesus is the only path to heaven: Half say yes, half no.
• 65% rarely or never attend worship services.
• 67% don't read the Bible or sacred texts.
The findings, which document a steady drift away from church life, dovetail with a LifeWay survey of teenagers in 2007 who drop out of church and a study in February by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, which compared the beliefs of Millennials with those of earlier generations of young people.
Even among those in the survey who "believe they will go to heaven because they have accepted Jesus Christ as savior":
• 68% did not mention faith, religion or spirituality when asked what was "really important in life."The Pew survey found young people today were significantly more likely than those in earlier generations to say they didn't identify with any religious group. Neither are Millennials any more likely than earlier generations to turn toward a faith affiliation as they grow older.
• 50% do not attend church at least weekly.
• 36% rarely or never read the Bible.
To read the entire article, CLICK HERE.
Click on the headlines below for documentation of the new America. It's inevitable lest sleeping Christians respond to God's Call to The Church.
Hallelujah, Obama Almighty! Media Proclaim
Obama Thankful for Freedom to Not Worship
Fed. Judge: National Day Of Prayer Unconstitutional
Boston Globe Explores Obama as Fake Christian
Czech President: Obama Wrong to Lead U.N. 'Church of Global Warming'
Belgium, a Glimpse of America's Future?
Observer Fears Islamic Takeover of France Imminent
Cardinal Says Secularization of Europe has Doomed it to Islamization
Pope: Societies drifting into a "desert of godlessness"
Methodists Team Up with Atheists for Bible Study
State-controlled BBC Reduces Christian Broadcast Time
Christian Programing Banned from National Public Radio
Today's Latino Immigrants Less Christian
Environmentalist 'Christians' Say Man Controls Nature, Not God
Socialist Government Schools Teach Bestiality
Countering Secularists' Stripping Jesus from History
Oprah Gives Limelight to Pro-homosexual 'Pastors'
Oprah Winfrey: Agent of Moral Insanity
Oprah Winfrey: Leading Many Down the 'Wide Road'
Obama Rocks Cradle of Community Organizers