Thursday, February 02, 2012

Christian Refused at Pro-gay-only Lunch Counter

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield, a Christian whose legislation to outlaw Gay Agenda indoctrination in public school is gaining steam, was discriminated against by an intolerant pro-homosexual, bigoted restaurateur due to his recent politically incorrect comments about the health risks of homosexual behavior, and for espousing Biblical beliefs.
". . . a new report out from the CDC . . . finds new HIV cases among homosexuals is more than 44 [times] that of heterosexual men and more than 40 times that of women."
For background, read Federal Government Reports Majority of New HIV Cases from Homosexual Behavior and also read HIV Infections Rampant Among Homosexuals Says Fed. CDC as well as Outlawing Teaching of Homosexuality in Tennessee





-- From "Knoxville bistro grabs spotlight for booting lawmaker Stacey Campfield over AIDS remarks" by Matt Lakin, The Knoxville News Sentinel 1/30/12

Restaurant owner Martha Boggs says she ordered state Sen. Stacey Campfield out of her Gay Street restaurant and banned him from brunch Sunday in disgust over his recent remarks about gays and the origin of the AIDS virus.

“When I saw him at the front door, I told him to leave,” Boggs said Monday. “It’s just my way to show support for the gay community and stand up to somebody I think is a bully. He’s really gone from being stupid to dangerous. I think he needs to know what it feels like to be discriminated against.”

Campfield responded with a blog post comparing himself to Jesus Christ and to the civil-rights demonstrators of the 1960s.

“Unfortunately some people do not let facts get in the way of their prejudice,” he wrote. “I guess some people still support segregation. Just segregation of thought.”

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

To hear the radio interview with Sen. Stacey Campfield that ignited the firestorm, CLICK HERE.

From "Restaurant refuses to serve TN state senator" posted at WBIR-TV3 (CBS) 1/31/12

"When ignorance has the ability to kill people, we have the responsibility to fight ignorance," said Tamara Shepherd, a restaurant patron who supports the Boggs' decision to deny service to Campfield.

"The lady who I guess is the owner came up and said I'm not serving you you're a homophobe and hate gay people. I said, ‘I don't hate gay people. I don't care what they do,'" Campfield said. "She said, ‘well you said all those terrible things.' I said, ‘well, all that stuff is backed up by the CDC.' I directed her to the site. She said, ‘I'm not serving you, I don't care.' I said OK. I just left."

The restaurant owner says Campfield has visited the Bistro a couple of times before.

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

From "'Don't Say Gay' senator is asked to leave Tennessee restaurant" by Richard Fausset, Los Angeles Times 1/31/12

Campfield, a Republican who represents the Knoxville area, has gained notoriety among gay supporters in recent days for sponsoring legislation some call the "Don't Say Gay" bill, which would ban discussion of homosexuality in elementary and middle schools.

Campfield stood by his assertions in a blog post and mused about his treatment at the restaurant:

"In the 60's my grandfather sat at the lunch counters with the blacks in Knoxville to help break up the segregation of the races. I guess some people still support segregation. Just segregation of thought. Some people have told me my civil rights were violated under the 1964 civil rights act in that a person can not be denied service based on their religious beliefs. (I am catholic and the catholic church does not support the act of homosexuality) I had not thought about that much.

"I just figured this is just another example of the open minded tolerant left. They claim tolerances for divergent points of view.....Until someone actually has one. Then they don't know how to handle it."

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

Also read 'Gay Rights' Winning, Loss of Religious Liberty Documented - Washington Post writer demonstrates it's a "zero sum" game: Winning homosexual 'rights' means Christians must lose freedom of religion.







Also read Tennessee Struggles for Freedom of Religion - Bullying and also read ACLU Threatens Tennessee School over Gay Club